Monday 29 August 2016

Juuso - Back in Finland / Final thoughts

How you doin?
Heyo, long time no see! I'm back here with some final thoughts about my EVS trip in Ireland. Its been almost one month now and I think now is a good time to make my final(?) blog post.

First of all, I want to say that the whole trip was amazing. Even that one month is kinda short in a way, I'm amazed how well me and Allu got through living in a foreign country and using English in a everyday basis. Also, just how much I learned about Ireland and learned something new of myself as well.

One of the biggest things that happened to me in the trip was how well I actually understand English. And I realized that when Laura took us to this Mental Health Talk that happened in the Sports Festival week. That evening was kinda "special" to me, 'coz I actually understood like 99% of what the people were talking about in there, and that kinda blew my mind. I walked away from the event with small grin on my face and just thinking "Hey, my English is actually pretty good"

Also, one of my biggest dreams is to live abroad.. At this moment, I don't know where/when/how but, its a dream and trip to Ireland kinda boosted my confidence that I could actually survive in a foreign country... Well at least in a English speaking country.

Now then, 'lil something about the stuff that we did when we got back to Finland.
We had couple of meetups with the whole group, Terhi, Anna-Kaisa, Vesa, Susanna and Allu. There we talked about the overall trip, challenges, what we learned etc. These were super fun and it was nice to "open up" and just talk about our month in Ireland.

I'm not a writer by any means and writing a blog, still feels kinda weird, but I hope you got something out of this and from my other blog posts. Also, I hope that if someone has questions about the whole EVS process, I'm pretty sure I can answer some of them.

Last but not least, I want to thank everyone who was involved with this project and a big thanks to Allu, the trip wouldn't have been the same without you. Also, big cheer up for Mikko who is leaving to Slovenia!
Bonus pic of my cat Leo!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you Juuso! It has been so awesome to read your posts and of course to work with you :) Let's be in touch!

    ReplyDelete