Wednesday 29 June 2016

Juuso's departure to Ireland!

Terve vaan kaikki / Hello everybody!

Juuso here with a new blog post.. Well, my first blog post.
A lot has happend and I think now is a good time to sit down for a moment and think aloud
"Where the heck am I?" And "What has been happening in the past week?" Well, a lot has happend so, lets go back in time and lets see what i was doing on my last week in Finland.

The week before my departure I was busy.. Too busy. So much stuff to do, so little time.
I'm gonna give you a little rundown of my day:

1. Wake up
2. Do laundry
3. Panic
4. Do more laundry
5. Eat
6. Meet friends / family
7. Pack
8. Sleep

Now, repeat that process for the whole week, and maybe you can step in to my boots and say "Yup, that's actually pretty normal when preparing for a trip" Well.. I.. I mean.. I guess you could say that too.. But I was thinking somewhere in these lines "Not enough time. Send help. SOS. Call 911" Well, luckily I actually did get some help from my parents. They helped me to do a checklist for all stuff I'm gonna need in my time in Ireland. It helped a lot. Thanks again mom and dad!

Saturday evening, the day before my departure.
I'm still packing! Then, somewhere around 01:15 I was finally ready to hit the hay, and get some of that precious sleep before the trip. My alarm rings, its about 8:00.. I take a shower, grab some breakfast and check that I have everything, I get a message from Vesa that they are heading over to pick me up. I say goodbye to my cats, double check that I have my passport with me and walk to the parking lot to wait for my ride.

Its a hot morning in Finland, and I'm already sweating my shirt off.. The temperature is almost 30°C. Then, maybe after 5 min I see them coming. I wave, they stop and get out. The whole gang is here. Vesa, Susanna and Allu. All here and ready for the trip. I put my luggage into the trunk and hop in. Metal music is playing on Vesas radio, I love it. We a chat a bit and head to the highway. Helsinki awaits.


We arrive in Tikkurila, there we would take the train to the airport. We are all hungry, but because its Juhannus (midsummer) in Finland, none of the cafes or restaurants are open. After a little brainstorm, we decide that we eat at the airport. So we head to the train. We arrive at the Airport. We finally get something to eat at Burger King. Everyone is hungry, no one is speaking, just munching their food like cavemen. After our little lunch break, we head deeper to the airport.

We need to print our tickets and drop our luggage off. Then we head to the security check, everyones favourite. Belts off, coins of out the pockets.. The usual.

We got couple hours of spare time in the Airport.
I buy some water and candy for the airplane. Hours go by, and we are ready.

We are at the port and ready for getting in to the airplane.
Airport bus is taking us to the airplane. The plane is small and jokingly I say to Vesa "It aint no Jumbo Jet" We get in, greet the staff, and find our seats, A three hour flytime  awaits.

Headphones. My secret weapon for sitting still for three hours. I couldn't live without these babies. Noise-cancelling, high quality audio, all the shazam! Fav music saved on my iPhone.
Its a real dream come true.

After a while, I even fell asleep.

I wake up and realize we are almost in Dublin.
There is some air traffic going on, and we are just flying above the airport for about 30min.
Finally we land and and in no time we are out of the airport.


Rainy day at the Dublin Airport

Its raining, its cloudy, its cold.
From the hot summer heat of Finland, I step in to a windy, rainy Dublin.
We take a bus from the airport to the train station. From there we are gonna head to Thurles.

The bus trip is fun, I have never been in Dublin. For the whole bus trip I just look out of the window with a stupid grin on my face. I finally made it, I'm finally here.
We arrive a the train station. We get our tickets and check the train schedule. It leaves in 10 minutes. What a perfect timing. Susanna grabs something to eat. Im hungry as well,

Finally on the train. We sit down, chat and I drool over Susannas food... Suddenly a food cart arrives! I order myself a sandwich, the others order tea and chips.. The chips are called Taytos.
"TAAYYTOOS" I yell, in a nice fakish, horrible irish accent.. Old woman gives a me weird look.
Maybe I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut for the rest of the train trip.

After one hour and 30 min, we have finally arrived at our final stop.
Thurles. My new home.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Feels weird to read your post. You're over there, and we still remain here. :D But that's how it was supposed to be. I hope you took some of the sunshine with you to Thurles! I'll keep on reading your stories, nice stuff! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Juuso!

    Have a nice time in Ireland and take a lot of cool pictures. I'm sure everyone wants to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ou man what a post Juuso 👌🏻Hopefully the weather gets better and of course that you like your new home ☺️

    ReplyDelete