Monday 4 July 2016

Juuso's first week!

Kids hurling game
Heyo, Juuso here with a new blog post.

Last week was crazy. Well, not really super crazy, but still.. Crazy.
From Monday to Friday, every single day has been different and a lotsa has been happening.
We have been Go Karting, Airsofting, doing office work and meeting a lots of new people.
And of coz, most importantly getting to know our host city.

Monday, we went Go Karting and we met some people who work for the Youth Services.
Go Karting is always fun, and not to brag or anything, but I came first (at least from my group)
So take that 12 year olds!

Tuesday we chatted about our upcoming month here in Ireland and goodbye to Vesa and Susanna who left back to Finland.

Wednesday was a full 8 hour office work day.. I designed posters for some local events and Allu painted a nice cutout for the 1916 playday event.

Thursday we went airosfting and it was super fun! have been airsofting for quite some time now, and I really like it as a hobby. And now, I got the chance go shoot some bbs here in Ireland! Even that the ground was soaking wet and it was raining pretty much the whole day, I had a very nice day!

Thurles is a pretty small city, but its an very active city.. At least from my perspective.
Friday was the start of a Sport Festival and boy did it show! Bagpipe players, horses, hurling teams and lots of people just marching towards the stadium! What a sight. Haven't seen anything like that back in Finland. The hurling game that took place on Friday was pretty weird looking.. Weird looking curvy wooden bats, helmets, soccer goals.. What is going on? Nevertheless it was fun to watch and a very interesting looking game. And it seems that hurling is a very respected and a big sport over here in Ireland.

Weekend went pretty fast. At Saturday I explored the city with Allu, found an old stone church, visited the local library and got some food. Sunday, was a pretty chill day for me. I slept late, finished reading my book and then I did a little evening jogging around the city. Overall pretty fun weekend.


Thanks for reading! Here are some pics that I took!










No comments:

Post a Comment